Legal Office Coordinator/Paralegal Job
Date: Mar 31, 2018
Location: Arlington, VA, US
Description:Legal Office Coordinator/Paralegal (Job Number:434631)
SAIC is seeking a Legal Office Coordinator/Paralegal to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
- Job Description:
The candidate will: o Work daily with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs, and OGC/IA office attorneys
- Provide administrative/paralegal support to the OGC/IA office attorneys.
- Assist with legal administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
- Provide administrative office coordination support in addressing the workload (tracking, organizing, and archiving) and knowledge management activities across the government attorneys and contractor staff.
- Coordinate within Administrative Team to ensure administrative actions are completed in accordance with client expectations and with the proper level of front desk coverage during office hours.
Hand-carrying legal actions to other coordinating offices throughout day;
Opening and closing actions using suspense tracking system (STS);
Performing editing functions; answering phone calls; escorting non-cleared personnel in the office; maintaining files; and preparing correspondence; and
Making copies; scanning documents; producing files; assisting in scheduling and monthly reports; and maintaining basic office functions.
- Coordinate with Administrative Team and SAIC’s Team Lead on scheduling and front desk coverage by Administrative personnel between 0730 and 1800 on a daily basis. Plan and establish coverage options when Administrative Team personnel experience unanticipated absence.
- Update and enforce business rules and SOPs for all Administrative Team and IA office functions. o Train new employees on front desk operations.
- Meet regularly with SAIC’s Team Lead to discuss administrative and operational issues and resolutions. o Establish and oversee QC process for ensuring all “open action” requests from clients and the OGC correspondence office are covered.
- Maintain a clean and presentable front desk workspace
- Establish and enforce processes for ensuring that chronological scanning remains current (within 1 week of actions being closed).
- Be responsible for workflow task management (action receipt, tasking, and tracking), developing and implementing office knowledge management, including record archive and retrieval, and managing and organizing physical and electronic files (office common server drives).
- Track leave, travel, and other absences of office personnel; prepare time sheets; coordinate support for in-processing and out- processing personnel; and travel arrangements chiefly using the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Be the office coordinator for security and be responsible for maintaining visitor access rosters and logs, and implementing security procedures in accordance with regulation and the overall OGC security manager direction.
- Be the office safety coordinator and be responsible for tenant- level safety tasks such as inspecting fire extinguishers. o Prepare daily leadership books.
Clearance required to start: TS/ SCI
Clearance ability to maintain: TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years relevant experience or equivalent
- In lieu of degree, six years of relevant experience with paralegal/administrative work and knowledge management functions, processes, practices, and procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand legal documents
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to delegate and allocate work load appropriately
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office, or JAG office
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc. Special Circumstances:
- No travel anticipated
- Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2018, 3:24:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Office Manager, Paralegal, Engineer, Developer, Administrative Assistant, Administrative, Legal, Engineering, Technology