SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Policy Writer/Editor in Washington, DC! This role is temporarily remote and could be asked to report onsite at the customer's request.
- Develops and facilitates the development of cyber policy and processes across a Federal agency, including drafting of cyber and information security policies, standards, processes, procedures, and technical guidance and shepherding them through the appropriate agency review processes
- Update and implement the current communications plans, capabilities, tools and technology platforms used for messaging and providing cybersecurity awareness across the agency and provide recommendations for improvement
- Oversee quality and thoroughness of all published materials throughout the program
- Providing communications support for all Cyber initiatives to stakeholders, both internal and external
- Providing content management for communication platforms to include Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Website, and Wiki
- Updating and maintaining Template Library documents
- Working closely with program teams to ensure that communication is properly vetted and disseminated
- Coordinating communication with program areas and streamline and publicize information dissemination
- Implementing a plan to manage content from agency-level notification and news
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 12 years of Business/Management/IT or related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior management and leadership
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework at the subject matter expert level, particularly including SP 800-30, 37, 39, 53, and 53-A
- Must have working knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974 (as amended), the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA)
- Must hold active Secret clearance or have the ability to obtain an interim secret clearance prior to starting work.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.