The Senior Manager of Position to Win (PTW) will be a member of the Strategic Pricing team and be responsible for conducting Price-to-Win and Competitive Analysis on a full range of SAIC capture efforts for the Defense and Civilian Sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying the approach and price to win for competitive proposals and supporting recommendations/influencing results.
- Responsible for prioritizing/completing the work within deadlines and meeting internal SAIC customer expectations.
- Perform information analysis around competitor strategies, pricing and awards. Collaborate closely with Capture Teams to ensure PTW deliverable is timely and meaningful; increasing overall Probability of Win.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of public documentation, proposal debriefs, etc., using market research tools to generate meaningful programmatic analyses to promote effective and strategic bid strategies and pricing solutions. Develop key foundational assumptions for focused PTW exercises & analyses.
- Perform competitive analysis, develop bid and pricing strategies and price recommendations, support subcontract pricing strategy.
- Create cost/price analyses and source justification. Participate in RFP analysis including risk identification, avoidance, and mitigation, working closely with SAIC Business Management.
- Develop Design to Cost models consistent with engineering technical solutions. Analyze cost models and identify opportunities to reduce bid cost without compromising the technical integrity of a proposal.
- Responsible for building and maintaining bid specific competitive pricing databases.
- Document progress on supported captures, producing periodic reports which help identify risk factors to a capture's success.
- Develop and manage product templates and processes, ensuring team members are trained accordingly. Grow and mature PTW team members in best practices and forward leaning PTW methodologies.
- Ensure PTW compliance with SAIC organizational and corporate procurement policies and regulations.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and thirteen (13) years or more experience.
- 12+ years of combined work experience in U.S. Federal industry in Price To Win, Pricing, and Project Control .
- 5+ years Price To Win experience and associated competitor/industry knowledge and experience in developing competitive pricing strategies would be a decided plus.
- Experience with the preparation of high value (>$100M) cost and price proposals, including FFP, T&M, and Cost-plus, would be a decided plus.
- Proficiency with market research tools and databases such as GovWin, DACIS, BGOV, FPDS or USASpending
- Solid foundational understanding of government contracting pricing environment (DCAA, FAR, rate burden pool development, BOE development).
- Industry experience in developing competitive pricing strategies within the Defense and Civilian market areas.
- Demonstrated success in creating and maintaining relationships with senior business leaders. Critical thinking and analytical skills are required; as are strong communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and explain complex models (Excel, Access, etc). - Practical experience and a foundational understanding of statistical methods for predicting competitor/customer behavior. Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming. - Enhanced Data Visualization skills.
- Current clearance desired
Target salary range: $175,001 - $185,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.