Role Overview: The Jira Administrator will be responsible for managing a Portfolio-level Jira and Confluence instance for a software development and sustainment portfolio at the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Jira Administrator will establish standards to use the Jira and Confluence tools on the seven product lines within the portfolio, and then coordinate implementation and use of those standards to achieve traceability across Jira instances for portfolio-level dashboards.
- Serve as the primary administrator and subject matter expert for Atlassian Cloud products (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Create and manage a Portfolio-level Jira instance to capture and consolidate requirements, work items, development tasks, user stories, risks, and actions across seven Product Lines and for Portfolio needs
- Create an associated Confluence instance linked to Jira for the purposes of knowledge management, document storage, and wikis
- Providing Jira development, configuration, and administration services
- Install, manage, and administer Jira add-ons, plugins, and extensions, including any development to customize implementation
- Collaborate with PMO Product Line teams, third-party software development vendors, stakeholders, and business customers to manage the collection and input of development and sustainment tasks into Jira and Confluence
- Apply Jira principles, methods, and knowledge to develop metrics, dashboards, and advanced filters to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational performance metrics and status reports
- Work with stakeholders to determine ways to optimize Jira setup and workflows
- Provide guidance and training to technical and non-technical teams on the use of Jira and Confluence
- Maintain knowledge of applicable VA rules and regulations.
- Facilitate executive-level virtual meetings; prepare meeting agenda, capture meeting minutes, and track outcomes and action items
- Work proactively and independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline, with at least 3 years of experience in a related field is required.
- Note that 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Hands-on experience setting up and customizing Jira projects, columns, and setting up filters
- Hands-on experience Jira administration across multiple non standardized implementations
- Hands-on experience standardizing multiple non standardized implementations
- Ability to implement/help establish standards for use the Jira and Confluence tools and use those standards to achieve traceability across Jira instances supporting for Product and Product Line - level dashboards.
- Experience connecting, managing, and customizing Jira plug-ins and API connections
- Experience running and managing teams with an expert level Kanban board experience
- Experience with leading backlog refinement sessions within the SAFe Agile process
- Experience optimizing business, product, and executive level process flows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with brevity and clarity
- Experience working as a contractor or an employee for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems, particularly with excellent industry knowledge and expertise (infrastructure systems)
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- CSM, Agile or IIBA certifications are a plus
- 5+ years of direct PMO experience is preferred
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.