The Naval Business Unit, in support of the Defense and Civilian Sector, currently has a career opportunity for a Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) Program Support Training Analyst with naval aviation experience to provide fleet training support as a subject matter expert (SME) at Tactical Training Group Atlantic, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate will be a senior trainer/evaluator with experience in naval fleet synthetic training development, execution and evaluation, and simulation program operation, as well as operational experience as a naval aviator or naval flight officer. In addition, the candidate will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least six years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing training curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine with respect to synthetic war game scenario generation.
- Review applicable Combatant Commander (CCDR) and theater-specific contingency plans and theater-specific operational plans (OPLANs).
- Function as an academic instructor in assigned warfare area(s).
- Assist the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment, and specific storylines that ensure the commander’s training objectives are accomplished.
- Utilize the Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) tool to track synthetic war game storylines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Understand the role of response cells and the replication of subordinate units.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports.
- Participate in the development of the AAR based on observations of the training audience during exercise execution.
- Assist in the development and execution of warfare training curricula utilizing synthetic war gaming software (Joint Semi-Automated Forces [JSAF], Marine Tactical Warfare Simulation [MTWS], etc.) for synthetic events/exercises (FST-GC/J/S, BMDEX, SLAMEX/ TLAMEX, Navy USW Training Assessment Course [NUWTAC], Large Scale Exercise (LSE), TFCC trainers, academic courses, etc.) and support of live events as required.
- Provide significant expertise in all combat mission areas (IAMD, SUW, ASW, strike, IO, intelligence, etc.) with the operational and technical acumen for training, mentoring and assessing training audiences to include carrier strike group (CSG), expeditionary strike group (ESG), and ARG staffs, and independent deployers (ID).
- Develop exercise documents, including manning documents, messages and orders (e.g., geo-political summaries, Daily Intelligence Summaries, and Intelligence portions of Planning Orders).
- Provide expert oversight for white cell elements of synthetic training events/exercises and support of live events as required.
- Assist in the development of synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND / EDUCATION / SKILLS:
- U.S. citizen with Secret clearance and Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Active military duty experience as a naval aviator or flight officer, including recent experience in instruction/training at the mid-grade officer level or higher.
- Six (6) years of general technical and Functional Area experience (10 years in lieu of degree will be considered); see detailed tasks above.
- Five (5) years of senior trainer/evaluator experience on a DoD staff involving mission planning and execution.
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
- Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint) products.
DESIRED BACKGROUND / SKILLS:
- Experience as a JSAF operator.
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- Experience in basic set-up of networked computers, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phones and audio/video systems.
- Familiarity and solid understanding of the Navy Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) concept, Fleet Training policy documents, including the (OFRP), Fleet Response Training Plan (FRTP) and Fleet Training Continuum (FTC), and Type Commander Training and Readiness manuals.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.