SAIC is seeking a candidate for its Subcontracts Analyst position, in Oak Ridge, TN. This position is in support of SAIC’s Corporate Services Procurement department and candidate will procure goods and services, as well as administer contract agreements/purchase orders of moderate dollar value, risk, and complexity. Note: This position is remote, candidates local to Oak Ridge, TN preferred.
- Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
- Issues Requests for Proposal/Quote in accordance with corporate procurement guide, scope/requirements, and terms, and conditions
- Analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to contract/purchase order execution.
- Develops and negotiates favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and other contract agreements, ensuring consistency with end-user requirements and procurement policies/procedures
- Issue purchase orders/contracts for goods and services supporting SAIC’s Corporate customers (HR, ITO, Finance, Marketing, etc)
- Contract/Purchase order administration/file maintenance, including supplier management
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Directly supports multiple ongoing Corporate Projects.
- Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other contract provisions
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years’ or more of related experience; Master’s and one (1) year of related experience. Additional years experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Previous experience purchasing goods and services
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate across several levels of staff, internal customers, and vendors.
- Ability to prepare and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates.
- Strong team player.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
- Previous purchasing experience in a supply chain management environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced Word skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.