SAIC is seeking an SW Systems Eng to support the US Navy in Indianapolis, IN.
Note: This position is a hybrid remote position with 2-3 days a week telework and approximately 2-3 days a week on site.
- Performs technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include, but not limited to, use cases, test procedures and test reports, software unit testing, software structural code coverage analysis), hardware/software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems.
- Total software system product may include concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- IMPACT: Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- LIASON: Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
- Experience with programming in C/C++
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
- Active Security Clearance not required, but must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553, SPI, and Ethernet communication interfaces.
- Experience with Agile software process utilizing Atlassian Jira/Confluence.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and DevSecOps concepts.
- Experience with DO-178C software process; Experience with Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE)
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.