Job ID: 2209279
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2022
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Analytical Support to Joint Staff J7
SAIC has an opening for an analyst to provide onsite support to the Joint Staff, J-7, Joint Doctrine Branch (JDB) in the Pentagon. This position supports the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) force development and readiness pillars and contributes to the development of joint doctrine for the United States Armed Forces.
The analyst will:
• Support the development, review, and revision and approval of joint doctrine publications and ensure consistency with the broader joint doctrine library of publications.
• Conduct reviews of all joint publications undergoing development of revision for doctrinal consistency and accuracy, using the tools and applications that facilitate the development, review, and revision of joint doctrine publications.
• Communicate across the DOD and with other government organizations as appropriate so a consensus can be reached on doctrinal materials, specific and validated aspects of emerging doctrine, procedures and programs.
• Review final manuscript proofs, prepare the necessary staff papers for coordination and finalization, and recommend publication to the Chief, Joint Doctrine Branch.
• Attend meetings and conferences including project meetings and Joint Working Groups (JWGs)
• Support the development of major joint doctrine projects undergoing revision or initial development.
- Experience developing or, knowledge of, joint or Service doctrine or in the development and promulgation of joint or Service policy and plans at the strategic or operational levels.
- Recent experience on the Joint Staff, a combatant command, or Service command staff is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.