Description - External
SAIC is seeking a Digital Production & Inventory Planning Manager. This is a remote position that can be worked anywhere in the United States.
As a key member of SAIC’s Engineering Innovation Factory organization, the digital production and inventory planning manager position will be responsible for supporting our enterprise’s digital design, development and deployment (D^4) team’s solutions and capabilities as they pertain to our integrated manufacturing toolkit’s (IMT) -enterprise resource planning (ERP), manufacturing execution system (MES) and mobile barcoding solution tools and their integration with our product lifecycle management (PLM) system and model based product support tools. Additionally this position will assist in helping shape the strategy, through new technology scouting and roadmaps development, of our IMT future capability enhancements and improvement endeavors.
Primary duties would include:
- Serving as the technical lead to support the IMT to PLM integration efforts to involve a cross-functional team of stakeholders and supporting SMEs, including external consultant services providers
- Developing systems integration requirements, supporting solution development and associated user acceptance testing
- Development of new process documentation and both document and how-to video training materials
- Conducting user training
- Conducting market research and staying abreast of current and future trends in Sales & Operations Planning / Advanced Scheduling & Capacity, MRP, ERP, MES, Mobile Solutions and other related technologies and domain areas to support future capability and/or improvements to IMT
Ancillary duties would include:
- Serving as the primary backup technical lead for deployment of IMT as part of our new programs onboarding process
- As a supporting SME role, will be supporting development, testing and deployment of our D^4 team’s other offerings, including but not limited to engineering design and development, modeling and simulation, or model based product support and digital twin related tools and processes.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred with a minimum of fifteen years experience in production and inventory planning in a manufacturing environment utilizing ERP, PLM, MES, and other similar configuration management tools.
- Experience must include primary duties responsible for production planning and scheduling and production materials, forecasting and inventory management.
- Experience must include minimum 5yrs supporting production kitting / fabrication / assemble / integration and testing processes for defense/aerospace products and services deliverables
- Must have good understanding of production / manufacturing operations and accredited ISO9001/AS9100 quality management system and associated policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with defense contracts’ technical data package (TDP) and related SOWs and CDRLs documentation as key inputs into production planning and scheduling process
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to execute across various MRP/ERP systems with extended knowledge and experience in ERP systems setup, upgrades and deployments to new programs / facilities
- Must have good understanding of Lean manufacturing tools and processes to drive continuous improvement across complex organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail is required
- Demonstrated project management and multitasking skills along with the ability to navigate conflicting priorities when working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated influencing skills to be able to motivate and influence the production team towards attaining set targets
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills for free flow of information in the course of executing their job
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.