Job ID: 2209219
Location: SUFFOLK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2022
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Analytical Support to Joint Staff J7
SAIC has an immediate opening for an analyst to provide onsite support to the Joint Staff, J-7, Joint Doctrine Analysis Branch (JDAB). The primary work location is at the Joint Staff, J-7 DOD Complex in Suffolk, VA. This position supports the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) force development and readiness pillars, and contributes to the development of joint doctrine for the United States Armed Forces. The analyst will operate as part of an integrated SAIC/government team conducting assessments of joint doctrine, emerging doctrine, special studies, and staffing joint publications through approval and signature. Excellent communication skills are essential.
The analyst will:
• Support the joint doctrine assessment and development processes.
• Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for various organizational processes, meetings and conferences organized by military and government employees, including development of standard operating procedures, project meetings, and Joint Working Groups (JWGs).
• Conduct research and analysis to support the joint doctrine revision process.
• Conduct emerging doctrine reviews that provide in-depth analysis of concepts, wargaming, experimentation, service doctrine, and their potential impact to joint doctrine to identify emerging operational trends for incorporation into joint doctrinal publications.
• Participate in and attend joint exercises, experiments, wargames, working groups, conferences, and meetings to observe developments with joint doctrine, best practices, concepts and related issues.
• Produce formal assessment reports, doctrine change packages, special studies, emerging doctrine reports, and joint doctrine updates.
• Develop or revise joint publications, joint doctrine notes, and joint warfighting notes.
• Staff joint publication development products to include program directives (PDs), revision final coordination (RFC) drafts, and signature drafts.
• Manage JWGs at SAIC’s Arlington, VA facility for PDs and RFCs.
• Track and report progress of assigned individual publications and other analysis projects.
- Experience developing or, knowledge of, joint or Service doctrine or concepts, or in the development and promulgation of joint or Service policy and plans at the strategic or operational levels.
- Recent experience on the Joint Staff, a combatant command, or Service command staff is highly desired.
- Experience with Army, USMC, Navy, USAF, or Special Ops planning is also a significant plus.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4 or more years of related experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.