SAIC is seeking a motivated and energetic Senior Test Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The Senior Test Engineer will participate in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Plans, and Automated Test Scripts as well as other aspects of the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement.
- Developing test scripts
- Generating test data
- Data Validation
- Web service testing
- Data interface message testing preferably with XML and JSON message set
- Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
- Execute regression, functional, integration and system testing
- Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
- Generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
Required Skills and Experience
- BS and 5 years of hands-on testing experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust
- Ability to analyze, create, update, and troubleshoot SQL foundational queries with aptitude to learn
- Knowledge and experience with RDBMS database schemas, constraints, and entity relationships
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems and using the command line
- Knowledge and understanding of RESTful web services and SOAP-UI
- Ability to create, execute, and manage performance, functional, and quality tests for back-end services, web services, and front-end interfaces
- Experience with JSON and XML data
- Knowledge of middleware such as application servers, messaging frameworks, data management, authentication/authorization services, or API management
- Knowledge and/or experience analyzing, creating, and updating automation scripts
- Knowledge and experience of scripting using a language such as Java, Python, Ruby, or PERL
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to analyze, create, update, and troubleshoot SQL complex queries such as multi-table joins
- Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression and performance testing
- Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
- Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: Back end applications , Web and Web Services, desktop, and
- Web Service testing using Soap UI with basic knowledge on XML and JSON.
- Ability to define and generate meaningful test metrics
- Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
- Experience working in an agile development process
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.