Job ID: 2209052
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a R&D Systems Engineer.
This position provides systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to a research and development (R&D) customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) working in Chantilly, VA. These SETA services deliver programmatic and technical support in the design, build, and operation of a national security-related space-based systems. This rewarding work is specifically responsible for the maturation of SIGINT technologies which span the spectrum from applied research to demonstrated capabilities suitable for transition into system program baselines. Selected personnel will assist the IC customer with the acquisition and oversight of technology development contracts and the creation of detailed presentations designed for government and industry. These efforts will influence the next generation of SIGINT space systems.
• Provide programmatic and technical support to customer leaders and staff within a small team comprised of SETA personnel in one or more of these concentration areas: Electronically Scanned Arrays, Digital Beam Forming, and Digital Receivers and Processors.
• Plan and execute technology maturation through the R&D lifecycle.
• Translate user needs into detailed system needs and technical requirements.
• Draft acquisition documents (e.g., Broad Agency Announcements, Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, specifications, Contract Data Requirements Lists) and support source selection activities (e.g., technical evaluations).
• Review, analyze, and assess contractor deliverables and provide the IC customer with sound programmatic and technical advice and recommendations.
• Perform cost/benefit trades at the architecture, system concept, payload, and spacecraft bus levels.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.