SAIC is seeking a System Support Analyst to support a new Air Force program out of Scott AFB in Illinois.
System Support Analysts work as a team to provide 24/7 system support to ensure constant availability for hundreds of worldwide users employing a critical C2 web application operating in a cloud environment. They act quickly and independently to resolve a wide range of technical and application issues, as well as perform routine system maintenance and monitoring activities. A System Support Analyst will have complete system-level understanding of the cloud environment, application functionality (from back-end operation to the business processes it executes), and how the application interacts with the IT environment and its data sources.
System Support Analysts serve as the first point of contact for users with any problem, question, or issue, and are empowered to determine then take necessary action – collecting the required information to analyze/troubleshoot/evaluate as needed to resolve or correct and ensure this critical C2 application remains available to the users. This could include replicating a problem with specific steps and data sets, reviewing logs to identify communication failures, or explaining detailed functionality to a user.
System Support Analysts will also play a critical role in improving system performance, availability, and resolution times - including working with system architects and application product owners as well as continually improving processes and documentation.
- Operational and technical worldwide, 24x7 system monitoring/maintenance support for a C2 web application and its cloud-based operating environment.
- Rapidly respond to system issues and to user requests for technical and application assistance to meet or exceed established goals for issue resolution and system availability. Properly employ tracking and knowledgebase software from discovery/request to resolution.
- Work independently to carry out system/application support and troubleshooting activities to maintain performance and resolve system and user issues to meet availability goals. These activities could include verifying/managing configurations, reproducing suspected problems, reviewing system logs, verifying availability of operational interfaces such as enterprise information services, external networks, or databases, and explaining functionality to users.
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and security then provide key “real world” input to system planning with Solution Architects, the DevSecOps Lead, and management as required. This includes recommending potential enhancements to tools, methodologies, implementations, etc., - continually seeking to innovate and automate.
- Appropriately escalates issues to DevSecOps Engineers, Product Owners, or the Product Support Manager, then works closely with them to ensure high availability standards are met or exceeded.
- An active participant in the Agile development process as a “voice of the user” input into the requirements of the continually evolving application. This could include noting when the application does not function as expected, a user experience enhancement, or improvements to user materials and training.
- Be aware of coming changes to the application and the DevSecOps environment then verify smooth transitions to ensure availability.
- Perform standard cloud-based IT and security maintenance procedures or updates.
- Monitor cyber-security tools to potential security threats, taking action and notifying DecSecOps Engineers as needed to prevent breaches and downtime.
- Serve as a company and program ambassador to worldwide users.
- Contribute in efforts to continually improve availability and response/resolution times through metrics/dashboards, innovation, process improvement, system updates and configuration enhancements, an accessible and continually updated knowledgebase, troubleshooting system playbook, and processes/procedures.
- An IT-related Associate degree and five (5) years, Bachelor's and two (2) years experience or equivalent years of IT experience in lieu of degree
- Two or more years of system technical support work experience, such as system troubleshooting (particularly Windows and Linux operating systems), reviewing/interpreting logs, trouble ticketing systems, support of web applications, user management, and using scripting languages and databases.
- An active SECRET security clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification (or obtain in an agreed timeframe).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to develop a rapport with users to understand their issues and provide satisfactory resolutions, then be able to clearly document them in tracking and knowledgebase systems.
- A fast learner able to apply knowledge and experience on multiple work assignments across a range of matters - some of which may be complex.
- The ability to contribute to program deliverables, documentation, and performance metrics.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.