SAIC is seeking to hire a Customer Help Desk Agent to support Federal Government clients in Augusta, Georgia. The selected candidate will be put through the process to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance prior to starting employment. The selected candidate will also have the opportunity to obtain an IT certification after hire date based on the candidates performance (at no cost to the hired individual).
About this position:
- This role offers temporary work from home/virtual work due to COVID-19 however, eventually will be required to work on site in Augusta, GA.
- This position requires the person to be flexible to work rotating 8 hour shifts with 1st / 2nd / and 3rd shift options; shift option times vary.
- Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs.
- Responsible for providing the first-line of customer support for customers and/or employees.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
- Escalate complex problems to higher tiers as required.
- Document all customer interactions within a ticketing system.
- Route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
- Maintain and update records, and tracking databases.
- Alert management on recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide customer support through various contact methods such as phone, chat, email.
- Respond to customer support requests in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Accurately and thoroughly document customer requests.
- Resolve customer incidents and requests if able or assign to higher tiers if required.
- Act as a single point of contact for existing incident and requests.
- Provide customers with a reference number for their incident/request.
- Identify process and procedures which need to be corrected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and two (2) years of related experience preferrably in customer service, and/or the IT field; or Associates Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field with zero (0) years of experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim Public Trust clearance.
- Able to pass an CompTIA A+ CE, Security+ CE, Network+ CE certification exam post hire date.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide first-rate customer service.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding Interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced Service Level Agreement driven environment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.