We are currently hiring a Security Engineer in Washington, DC. This position is currently remote but is subject to returning to in-person or hybrid options at the sole discretion of our customer.
A day in the life:
- Analyze and coordinate vulnerability remediation for new, high-profile vulnerabilities provided by threat intelligence feeds.
- Analyze security vulnerabilities with Tenable Nessus. Move vulnerabilities through the resolution process.
- Present vulnerability findings to system stakeholders and assist throughout the remediation process and report compliance status of each system
- Distill and present vulnerability data to teammates and stakeholders on a level all stakeholders can understand.
- Collaborate with remote and in-person teams, and independently once the team collaborates on tasking.
- Bachelors Degree and five+ (5+) years of experience with IT audits, including conducting technical security compliance tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Experience with the planning, development, coordination, execution and improvement of compliance and vulnerability management related processes.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, patching, data analytics technologies, and industry best practices for vulnerability management, risk analysis, and vulnerability remediation plan development. (Specifically experience with Tenable Nessus for vulnerability scans.)
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 series and testing NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- Prepare vulnerability and compliance reporting, analyzes system impact, updates stakeholders on progress of system hardening efforts
- Assist in development and implementation of technical security policies
- Provide security analysis and consultation services for product, system, and network architecture designs pertaining to vulnerability management & tools
- Ability to recognize and perform timely impediment recognition and escalation, including following issues through to completion including monthly reports.
- Communicating with device & host owners to make them aware of a vulnerability and gather information to relay to the remediation team
- Ensure vulnerability and compliance scanning procedures meet security requirements
- Initiate compliance and vulnerability scans using Nessus Security Center tool for configuration and vulnerability management
- Define and updates the Security Configuration Management (SCM) baselines to meet DISA STIG requirements at least semi-annually
- Lead the quarterly SCM Baseline Compliance Reporting to client
- Updating Vulnerability status in SharePoint through remediation process
- Ability to present IT security risk to both business and technical executive management effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined, dynamic team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Experience using tools such as: SharePoint, ServiceNow, Nessus and Splunk
- Expert analysis and distillation of data presented in comma separated value (CSV) format into Excel format, such as Pivot tables, PDF or Microsoft Word templates
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity threats and techniques used by adversaries
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Work with IT and business teams, providing analysis to help them understand remediation steps, impact, and prioritization.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.