SAIC is seeking a qualified Academics Instructor support for the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the USAFE-AFAFRICA Warfare Center (UAWC) at Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Academic Instructor will:
- Develop and teach the United States European Command (USEUCOM), United States African Command (USAFRICOM), US Air Forces in Europe – Air Forces Africa (U-A), and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) training requirements supporting Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD).
- Identify the educational requirements and develop lessons/briefs based on the inputs of subject matter experts and guidance of UAWC leadership.
- Thoroughly research, develop, update, and document all formal training programs.
- Create and maintain course catalogs; update and post content for promotional products to include websites and SharePoint pages.
- Solicit and evaluate student feedback for each training program; apply to continuously improve lesson content and delivery and provide comments to UAWC leadership.
- Develop lessons and materials with several variations, including but not limited to: Area Air Defense Commander (AADC); Regional Air Defense Commander (RADC); Sector Air Defense Commander (SADC); US only and NATO-releasable Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Orientation and familiarization training; emerging threats, to include Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS), hypersonics, cyber, electronic warfare, and other refresher or future training and briefings as required by the Government. Formats for required lessons and materials include but are not limited to PowerPoint presentations, videos, and web-based content.
- Develop and teach a training program for USEUCOM, USAFRICOM and NATO staffs, to include their respective IAMD responsibilities, as well as integrate with joint and multinational exercises to support, validate, and assess the training.
- Foster synergetic working relationships with relevant organizations and attend working groups on topics related to UAWC courses and events.
- Develop monthly unit IAMD training on topics requested by the Government.
- Support planning, execution and assessment of Integrated Air and Missile Defense exercises and events:
- Develop and assist in generating IAMD mission planning materials and documentation related to Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) European Theater Operations (ETO) efforts.
- Assist in development of relevant LVC scenarios to exercise IAMD concepts, plans, procedures, and systems.
- Provide technical assistance to plan and organize efforts in support of operations and scenarios to include airspace management, air defense, coalition integration, sensor system management, and data link operations.
- Coordinate with appropriate operational subject matter experts and assist with the development of training objectives, scenarios, and LVC vignettes for the integration of new air defense sensor in the Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Capturing lessons learned from exercises and events in updates to CTS training materials.
- Provide advisory support and expertise in the following domain / mission areas:
- Joint IAMD.
- Tactical Air Control Command and Control (TAC C2).
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Ten years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- At least five years of IAMD or TAC C2 experience.
- IAMD experience within the last five years.
- Graduate of the USAF Basic Instructor Course or equivalent; or demonstrated experience as an instructor within the past five years.
- Experience at the Operations Center, MAJCOM (or equivalent) level or higher.
- Operational knowledge of command and control, air defense and tactical missions, coalition integration and sensor system management.
- Previous experience with instructional / learning systems design.
- Previous experience developing and delivering content for a wide range of audiences (including senior leaders) in various formats such as short video scripts, text-based articles, and PowerPoint presentations for in-person or digital learning courses.
- Outstanding organizational and communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficient using MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain TS Clearance
- Familiarity with Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Counter-UAS programs.
- Familiarity with US and NATO IAMD policy and doctrine,
- Familiarity with IAMD Systems and defense design.
- Familiarity with US Space Operations, systems, and concepts.
- Familiarity with Joint Publications (JP) 3-0, JP 5-0, JP 3-01, JP 3-30; Air Force Handbook (AFH) 36-2235, Information for Designers of Instructional Systems, Volumes 1-13.
- Experience in US Air Force C2 Tactical Operations Centers (Sector Operations Centers/Control & Reporting Centers) to include operations and training, especially within EUCOM, USAFE, and/or NATO.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and developing test articles and TTPS, as well as Joint test experience.
- Knowledge of IAMD operations and experience operating/integrating air defense systems in an LVC environment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.