This position is for a Mission Requirements Analyst. Candidate must possess a detailed understanding of government satellite systems and have strong insight into SIGINT mission fundamentals. The position requires in-depth knowledge of satellite relevancy to Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community unique missions. Requires current space technology analysis and evaluation of operational effectiveness of navigation, communication and global surveillance satellite systems while establishing and coordinating requirements for national space systems. The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the customer:
- Subject Matter Expert for SIGINT Mission Analysis to include RF, Geolocation and signal processing. Provides analysis of programmatic and user requirements satisfaction issues as required and prepares reports, white papers, and briefings for senior management and external organizations. Mission analysis of satellite architectures to determine coverage and other performance metrics.
- Supports end-to-end performance evaluation activities of the systems, such as identifying performance differences among baseline, enhanced baseline, and alternate architectures. Perform research and validation of enterprise level requirements as applicable to specific satellite architectures.
- Support system architecting and planning studies, requirements development and verification, and compliance analyses against enterprise level requirements.
- Provide advice and information on physical science aspects of satellite support to multiple mission domains and battle space awareness planning and mission assessments.
- Provide support to launch and satellite on-orbit test as required by the customer. Plan and execute internal and external interface testing to support final system verification, validation, and delivery.
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other payload and ground system subject matter experts.
- Review complex technical design documentation and provide formal and informal feedback to the COTR, subject matter experts, and other customer personnel
- Liaise with mission analysis and acquisition teams to ensure completeness across the acquisition
- Collaborate with armed services and agencies on engineering standards, space frequency utilization, modulation techniques, multiplexing schemes, and mission requirements.
- Be familiar with translation of multiple mission domain awareness operational requirements into satellite specifications, and provide mission analysis support to legacy, current and future satellite programs.
- Support for management of tools and databases used for related satellite mission assessment activities
- Other duties as specified by the customer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Previous experience developing software models
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Experience in NRO, IC, and DoD satellite programs
- Experience with STK
- 5+ years of experience with Matlab or equivalent DSP development and analysis tools
- 3+ years of experience with Python and QT Designer
- Advanced Engineering degree (MS or PhD)
- Experience with C++ and IDL is beneficial
- Previous experience in the program office
- Insight into mission utility of program office systems and interfaces to external components
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.