SAIC has an opening for Enterprise Service Desk Program Analyst to join our talented and dynamic team in support of the US Department of Veterans Affairs, Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Tier 1 Support in a Multi-Vendor Service Provider (MVSP) environment.
In this role, the ESD Program Analyst will support all ESD Project Management activities with a focus on planning, analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of the operating programs. The Program Analyst must be able to use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes. Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
The ESD Program Analyst will work closely with their VA Stakeholders to leverage mission-focused metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Service Management architecture, associated processes, policies, and systems. Responsible for supporting continuous improvement of the world-class IT Operational processes across the MVSP environment.
This role is also expected to recommend new products and services, set the ' roadmap' as well as maintain a general knowledge of emergent technologies that are applicable to the continued growth and improvement of our operational model.
The role requires a proven team player with strong operations research analyst. Responsibilities include collaborating and nurturing relationships with other Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) in the MVSP environment that deliver world-class operational capabilities through ITIL 4 Service Management operational polices, fostering relationships with the entire IT organization and relevant business partners, and drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for creating, applying, and maintaining tools to monitor and analyze program, project, or task efficiency and effectiveness using cost, schedule, and performance data.
- Create routine and ad hoc reports, with the ability to produce alternate depictions of IT project performance data to identify and highlight issues
- Provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with VA employees and capture meeting minutes
- Assist VA project managers with the development of high-quality responses to internal and external information requests
- Strategy & Planning
- Drive Service Management improvements in governance, process, metrics reporting and service design.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the IT Service Catalog that defines for each service:
- Clear service definition
- Ownership and accountability
- Service level agreements (SLA) that set performance expectations for service requestor
- Operating level agreements (OLA) that set performance expectations for dependent services operated by other MSP’s.
- Champion opportunities for Automation in the efficient and effective execution of the service management process to drive improvements (e.g., reduction in MTTR and manual effort, SLA compliance, etc.)
- Drive the architecture, design and implementation of proactive monitoring/alerting and predictive analytics to reduce incidents and improve service restoration.
- Develop AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) strategy and platform. AIOps is the automation of IT operations tasks through AI to free IT Operations by ingesting operational data to identify issues and ideally resolve automatically. The platform should 1) automate routine practices 2) recognize serious issues faster and with greater accuracy and 3) streamline the interactions between IT service lines.
- The position is accountable for overall IT operational performance metrics, but responsibility for service line operational performance and metrics remains with the respective Application and Infrastructure service line leaders.
- Responsible for ensuring ServiceNow ticket monitoring, prioritization, and escalation.
- Drive a culture of standard, consistent and proactive response to incidents to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and eliminate repeat incidents that adversely impact business operations.
- Facilitate development of operational procedures for all IT services (e.g., runbooks, Knowledge Articles, etc.) Drive incident resolution, root cause analysis, problem management and improve effectiveness of incident and problem communication end-to-end.
- Collaborate with IT Application and Infrastructure service lines and MSP’s to ensure that service management policies and procedures are adhered to during the execution of IT’s operational processes.
- Responsible for the management and performance of the multi-site Service Desk operations.
- Integrate the voice of the customer to increase satisfaction, sentiment and reduce escalations.
- Drive the standardization of IT dashboards and reporting to represent the state of health and control over IT Operations and Services within scope.
- Conduct Operations Reviews and communicate IT metrics throughout IT and the business.
- Support the Change Approval Board (CAB) with IT Infrastructure and Applications Support management ensuring business impact is considered in decisions and ensuring high impact changes are coordinated and communicated appropriately.
- Assist IT Application and Infrastructure service lines in driving cost reduction/optimization improvements.
- Evaluate and update service level standards, policies and procedures, training materials, and best practices.
- Maintain the IT user knowledge base and self-service troubleshooting guides.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow.
- 5 plus years or more of relevant work experience working in a large-scale Federal or global Fortune 500 company.
- Proven experience in Service Management (ITSM) and/or ITIL 4.
- Excellent, hands-on technical knowledge and experience working in an enterprise infrastructure and applications environment.
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring tools
- Experience in creating reports and analysis using ServiceNow.
- Domain expertise with IT security is desirable
- A high degree of creativity and “out-of-the-box” thinking
- Ability to think broadly and strategically, balanced with high attention to detail.
- Able to execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments.
- Possesses a services and solution orientated approach
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to share knowledge and collaborate by developing content and documentation for distribution to other team members, managers and customers
- Ability to handle pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism
- Needs to be adaptable to rapid change
- A very good understanding of “Quality” as it relates to Customer satisfaction
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships within all business and corporate functions
- Excellent communication and extraordinary personal social skills
- Ability to effectively execute on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work on a fast pace, ever changing global environment
- Outstanding organization skills
- Takes responsibility and achieves results
- Excellent organizing, time management and priority setting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Accounting Information System, or engineering or technically related field. May consider an additional 5 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5 Years’ experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.