DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services in Las Cruces, NM. The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of mission systems
- Oversee system engineering and technical execution of projects that cover hardware/software system development, test and final integration on customer platforms.
- Conduct technical reviews and assessments of program development and readiness activities. Coordinates recommendations with government stakeholders and supports program status reviews.
- Provide program management experience for new capabilities, evaluates technologies, schedules, milestones, while balancing local and enterprise impacts across the organization.
- Analyze user needs, concept of operations (CONOPS), and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, opportunities, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers from various contractors and government organizations
- Develop assessments and briefings for a variety of audiences, must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and four (4) years or more experience. *STEM is a contractual requirement
- Direct and current experience with National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Knowledge of GEOINT and/or SIGINT overall space and ground architecture including mission control and/or mission processing functions
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment, operations and maintenance, decommission
- Experience with CONOPS requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture development
- Experience with mission readiness process, familiar with control gates and associated documentation, entry/exit criteria
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, launch and initialization, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
- Experience in requirements definition, analysis and engineering, systems and data architecture, system analysis and design, systems development, validation and verification.
- Self-starter, proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision; expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics
- Polished communicator (written/verbal); impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project
- Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
- Familiar with MBSE/Digital Engineering, AGILE development, cloud technologies
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.