SAIC seeks a graphic/multimedia designer to join a team of communications professionals supporting an Army organization in a fast-paced environment where few projects are routine.
This position is 100% remote but will require a few trips per month to Ft. Belvoir, Va., for printing and shipping support.
- Work with a cross-functional communications team, including four editors and another designer, to design and produce diverse print and digital media projects, including:
- The organization’s quarterly magazine, which runs ~80 – 300 pages per issue, creating complex layouts, covers, proofs, and final print and digital versions
- Infographics and other visuals that graphically illustrate abstract Army acquisition policies, guidelines, and standards in a clear and engaging manner
- Written and digital materials (pamphlets, fliers, logos, fact sheets, news articles, brochures, newsletters, etc.), that communicate information and publicize the nature and purpose of services provided by the organization
- Interactive presentations for exhibits, video, and the web
- Wall, tabletop, and stand-alone displays and pop-up banners
- Plaques, framed charters and other awards and certificates
- Layouts and graphics for briefings, brochures, and a variety of other communications products to support the evolving and on-going magazine marketing plan and the office’s overall communications strategies and goals
- Work independently to lead the design effort on some projects and contribute as a support team member on others
- Engage and coordinate in-house production and outside services
- Research, manage, and maintain appropriate databases as needed
- Create designs in the most appropriate program(s) using original artwork, photographs, and/or computer graphics to achieve the most effective message possible
- Serve as a graphic design resource and work with clients in designing the format of documents and publications, including selecting type font, layout, ink, paper stock, and printing and binding methods
- Strong sense of teamwork and personal responsibility
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, perform gracefully under pressure, and effectively respond to hard deadlines
- Ability to support and manage technical projects with limited supervision
- Ability to interpret and conceptualize complex information and represent it graphically for non-expert audiences
- Ability to work with the team to determine the appropriate media and distribution for varying audiences
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time wisely
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-service attitude
- Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible in response to evolving project requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform gracefully under pressure and effectively respond to hard deadlines
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience
- Three-to-five years of experience in graphic design, including formulating visual concepts; working with and creating photographic, text, and abstract illustrations; designing for the web; and video editing and production
- Strong skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator in a cross-platform environment and experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Magazine design, layout, and production experience
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a basic background check required to obtain a U.S. Army Common Access Card
- Portfolio demonstrating above skills and requirements
- Pre-press knowledge and understanding of production procedures preferred
- Experience with SharePoint and video and web software is a plus
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.