SAIC is seeking experienced and security-cleared personnel to support the Air Force's Air Operations Center (AOC) Falconer Weapon System team, to provide Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Program/Project, Requirements Analysis, Risk Management, and Software Engineering support services in accordance with the program’s Configuration Management Plan, AF SEAM Configuration Management processes, program development/sustainment contracts, and PMO practices. Support activities will range across the CM, QA, RM, and SE activities outlined in PWS. Activities will vary depending upon the current activities of the program/system, scope of the current development/sustainment cycle, and other corporate and program initiatives. Contractor personnel must have progressive experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable Government ownership of the program technical baseline. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide CM of all relevant program artifacts
- Archive acquisition documentation
- Review and analyze the Development/Sustainment Contractor’s CM program and data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Maintain CM files including configuration identification, change control, and status accounting records
- Implement CM plans
- Record Configuration Control Board (CCB) approved changes
- Participate in cross-functional change control boards to evaluate proposed changes
- Review and analyze proposed changes to ensure operational and sustainment capabilities are not adversely affected by the changes
- Review the CCB membership list for currency and completeness
- Support Engineering Assessments
- Prepare for, conduct, and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs)
- Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
- Report the Development/Sustainment Contractor’s data delivery status
- Support pre- and post-contract award data reviews
- Review and analyze of the Development/Sustainment Contractor’s conformance to CDRL requirements
- Process Government and Development/Sustainment Contractor correspondence
- Support the establishment of work flows
- Track data item deliverables and responses
- Support development/sustainment of paper and automated archival systems of all covered documentation.
- Work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, draftsmen and design/manufacturing engineers in an integrated product team environment
- Develop and administer configuration management plans
- Maintain design traceability and integrity
- Convene and manage change boards
- Assist the Government with configuration control for ERP and IT systems. This shall include configuration planning, data analysis, maintenance of configuration documentation and data, and maintaining inventory/configuration status
- Manage configurations of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and plan/conduct design audits. The contractor must have skills and experience necessary to work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, and design engineers in an integrated product team environment.
- Support the review boards via meeting attendance and capturing meeting minutes including the Configuration Control Board
- Track Change Requests (CRs) and Discrepancy Reports (DRs) / Problem Reports (PRs)
- Ensures integrity of the baseline including major releases, minor releases, patches, and software maintenance
- Provide QA checks on system baselines
- Support Licensing tasks and packaging and delivering of software to users
- Maintain the CM library and software repository.
- Manage and control product baselines
- Recommend and document comprehensive configuration management plans for software, hardware, firmware, and peripherals for IT systems
- Analyze data and prepare plans and briefings in support of software-driven systems
- Perform studies and monitor effectiveness of configuration management plans to identify potential and existing problems and make recommendations for resolution
- Audit and review IT system configurations
- Control the configuration of IT systems
- Assist the Government in developing and administering configuration management plans; maintaining design traceability and integrity; convening and managing change boards; and preparing for and attending major events such as, but not limited to, TIMs, PDRs, CDRs, PCAs, FCAs, and CCBs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- AA Degree in related discipline and eight (8) years or more of related experience of IT Configuration Management experience within the Department of Defense environment
- 8+ years of experience performing HW and SW configuration audits
- +6years of experience performing the technical administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, media labeling.
- Experience producing release notes and CM reports
- Experience with thorough implementation of the configuration change control process, the role of the Change Control Board, and change control documentation
- Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments
- 3+ year experience developing briefings for management
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Ability to enter and manipulate data in a database
- Eligible to obtain Secret/ TS Clearance
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Active US DoD Security Clearance granted within the last 5 years
- Graduate-level degree in Engineering or a related technical or business field
- Experience working in Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) and general understanding of CAOC processes and procedures in support of execution of the Air Tasking Order(ATO) and Airspace Control Order (ACO)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.