Job ID: 2208210
Location: PEARL CITY, HI, United States
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer. This position is located in Pearl City, Hawaii.
The Software, Simulation, System Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate, DEVCOM Aviation & Missile Center (AvMC) is supporting the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. This includes Modeling and Simulation (M&S) to support end to end life cycle development and execution, ensuring warfighter readiness and future capabilities are realized.
The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified Sr. Network Engineer applicants will have a strong background and understanding of DoD DISN, WAN/LAN/WIFI Networking, COMSEC systems, and systems engineering. Assists in analyzing, project planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems and networks consisting of a combination that include servers, computers, LANS, WANs and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone.
This person will serve as part of a talented team of system and networks administrators and engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competency, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified network engineers’ applicants will have a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Bachelors and 14+ years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP).
• Previous work experience as a networking engineer within complex environment.
• Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-NX, Ironport, Riverbed, Infoblox, Firepower, JUNOS, Aruba, ESX, and Brocade.
• Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers.
• Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
• High level problem-solving and communication skills.
• Ability to operate independently with minimal oversight.
Operational functions include: (80%)
• Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
• Installing and configuring networking hardware.
• Creating and implementing network security measures.
• Managing, training, and mentoring junior Network Engineering staff.
• Conducting regular network performance tests and ensures networking maintenance tasks are completed.
• Dealing with escalated network support issues.
• Drawing up network diagrams and status reports.
• Establishes networking environment by engineering, designing, installing, configuring, testing and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications of the project plan.
• Leads the performance of day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability and serviceability within minimal interruption.
• Provides technical support, responds to work orders and tickets from the users, analyzes and solves reported network problems.
• Leads in the configuration of firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals and sets up provisions for incoming data.
• Leads network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities with minimal disruption of other systems.
• Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
• Maintain and manage the fiber and copper cable inside plant infrastructure.
• Manage the equipment, equipment racks, power, and HVAC for the data center and communication rooms.
• Provide Tech Control services to collocated networks hosted in the data center Node site coordinator to maintain current and order new network circuits.
• Maintain the life cycle requirements for all network hardware, software, and support.
Strategy & Planning (10%)
• Collaborate with internal staff and external customers to ensure smooth and reliable operation of networks and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Work with the customer’s executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business network or interoperability issues.
Design & Deployment (10%)
• Design, upgrade and deploy networks, switching, circuits and access controls and enhancements to existing or new network infrastructure as approved by the customer.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed networks or solutions to aid management in making design or deployment decisions.
• Conduct research on software and systems products to justify and support design recommendations.
• Interact with customer to provide analysis and recommendations on secure network-related products and services.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.