- Research design, and develop computer and network software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. Update software or enhance existing software capabilities.
- May work with computer hardware engineers to integrate hardware and software systems, develop specifications, and performance requirements.
- May and maintain databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations.
- May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Create, modify, and test the code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run. Work from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals.
- May assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions.
- May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Develop and implement websites, web applications, application databases, and interactive web interfaces.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers and devices.
- Optimize website performance, scalability, and server-side code and processes.
- May develop website infrastructure and integrate websites with other computer applications.
- 8+ years of software development experience using multiple languages (C++, Java, C#)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills. Some leadership / management experience.
- Be able to install, configure and operate virtual machines running Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience using XML and JSON.
- Have a solid understanding and experience with IP networks both from a programming and administration perspective. Be well versed with formal processes and tools as used in CMMI certified organizations.
- Have experience with implementation and design of unit tests for Java, C++ and C#.
- Follow agile guidelines to design, develop, test, and implement software applications
- Follow continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) methodologies
- Utilize C# .NET, SQLite, MVVM C# and .NET experience
- Exposure to with data binding concepts
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret or higher level clearance if required by the customer (i.e. Top Secret)
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Sun Certified Professional (SCP)
- Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP)
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Active US DoD Security Clearance granted within the last 5 years or
- Graduate-level degree in Engineering or a related technical or business field
- Experience working in Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) and general understanding of CAOC processes and procedures in support of execution of the Air Tasking Order (ATO) and Airspace Control Order (ACO)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.