- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex database management systems workstations and servers on multiple operating systems.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software installations and upgrades to operating systems and related database software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and databases to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of database implementations.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Systems Admins, database engineers, and software developers to help determine and develop the database software and databases that will be implemented.
- SCOPE: N/A LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Receives assignments in the form of specific tasks for the work to be completed.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives and schedules.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- IMPACT: Contributes to completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs
- LIASON: Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the group.
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 2 years related experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have active TS Clearance with SCI Eligibility
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.