Job ID: 2207924
Location: O'FALLON, IL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Subcategory: SW Config Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Configuration Management Administration to support an existing Air Force program out of O'Fallon AFB in IL.
The Configuration Management (CM) Administrator supports the development of command and control (C2) applications employed by the Air Mobility Command (AMC) and U.S. Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) at Scott Air Force Base (SAFB). The CM Administrator tracks and records a variety of activities and items, from assigned hardware and internal documents to software releases and off-the-shelf software used for development and sustainment.
The CM Administrator must be highly proactive in ensuring items are tracked and recorded properly (including regular follow-up when needed), be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, and particularly skilled with Excel. The CM Administrator must also be very detail-oriented and work independently with little supervision. Familiarity with SAFB and Air Force facilities and practices (with which they will regularly interact) is a major bonus. Knowledge of processes and Quality Management Systems is also highly desired.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
· Able to properly maintain CM control on all required program artifacts including hardware, commercial software, Government/partner system accounts, software releases, software licenses, delivered documentation, internal documentation, training/certifications, and any other items/artifacts under configuration control.
· Capable of very clear communication including creating and updating a wide range of professional documents using Microsoft Office, interacting with team members to gather CM information and verify compliance, and coordinating with Government representatives for Government system accounts and Government furnished equipment.
· Highly skilled (or capable of learning) with Microsoft Excel.
· Comfortable working in a highly technical environment where leading edge cloud applications are being developed, and able to learn the basics of Agile software development.
· Keen on finding innovative ways and tools to more efficiently and effectively achieve CM goals.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.