SAIC is seeking a Jr. TACNET ISEA Network Engineer (Fleet Support) in San Diego, Ca.
This role will support the Tactical Networks (TACNET) Capabilities Based In Service Engineering Agent (CB-ISEA). TACNET CB-ISEA supports the sustainment and modernization of Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services (CANES), Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS), Integration Shipboard Networking System (ISNS), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Networks, Video Information Exchange System (VIXS), and Wireless Reachback System (WRBS) Programs of Record information systems.
- This position supports a 24/5 networking monitoring.
- Must be will to work rotating shifts on weekdays: 5am-12pm, 1pm-9pm, and/or 9pm-5am.
- In addition, this position supports rotating shifts providing 24 hour support 5 days per week with occasional on-call weekends
- This position will feed into a TACNET Network Engineer (on-deck and remote support).
- Via distance support (Help Desk/networking monitoring), provide technical assistance and troubleshooting steps to USN Fleet Users/Administrators with PMW160 TACNET CB-ISEA supported networks.
- Interface with Active Duty personnel and US Government employees to provide break/fix support to SPAWAR fielded Tactical Networks in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Analyze issues in an Enterprise LAN Shipboard Environment to determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software issues as well as logistics and administrative questions.
- Research questions using available information resources: technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages (FAMs), and internal approved knowledge base(s).
- Advise customer on appropriate action(s) towards resolution.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk/networking monitoring interactions in IT Service Management (ITSM)/Remedy.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and metrics calls.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Provide server break-fix and provide remote support for server, network, desktop, and peripheral equipment.
- Interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
Required Certification and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience OR six (6) years of related experience with either a HS/GED.
- Active DOD Secret clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- Current Security+ certification
- Must be able to become IAT 2 certified within 6 months of higher date. ITA 2 certification includes a minimum of one additional certification (CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with one of the following systems a PLUS: CANES, ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS/ORT, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS, WRBS, CND and SCIP-IWF.
- Administration experience with Cisco switches and routers OR Windows Sever.
- Experience with basic networking concepts and protocols
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database Software
- Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings and overnight.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Problem analysis
- Attention to detail
- 1+ years of prior IT Helpdesk related work experience in a Windows call center environment.
- 1 year of experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.