Job ID: 2207474
Location: EGLIN AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 9, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated junior to mid-level systems engineer with a background in virtualization, containers, and cloud. The engineer will be responsible for designing and deploying creative solutions to meet the unique demands of a laboratory environment while adhering to cybersecurity principles and fundamentals. The engineer will utilize virtual machines and containers, leveraging multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) to build and implement innovative solutions, and capture and deploy virtual applications.
Our new teammate will be able to work equally well in a team as well as on their own. We want a team player that is eager to learn and is ready for a challenge. This will be an on-site role at Eglin AFB.
- Experience with server virtualization software, such as VMWare vSphere
- Experience with simple automation, such as scripts or YAML files
- Experience with containers and orchestrators such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Active Directory domain services (ADUC/ADAC, GPO, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of operating systems and how they function and interact
- Experience with Windows desktop and server OS's
- Experience with Linux CLI
- Knowledge of security concepts applicable to local and cloud systems
- Knowledge of virtualized network infrastructure and how it interacts with physical network infrastructure
- Apllicant must be able to obtain a DoD Top Secret Security clearance
- Ability to research and learn new technologies
- Experience with Terraform, HCL, and Packer
- Experience logging with Solarwinds
- Experience with multi-OS domain authentication solutions
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with the RMF process
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.