We’re seeking a motivated and ambitious Senior Software Engineer to join the Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) team in Huntsville, AL. The Software Architect will be responsible for working with government, industry, academia and internal project teams to shape the software approach for future ASE systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with government, industry and academic partners to determine the requirements for ASE software solutions
- Co-ordinate with other engineering disciplines (systems, hardware, cyber-security, etc.) to establish the optimal approach and architecture for the overall system
- Develop documentation to support project acquisition and execution (requirements, RFIs (Request for Information), RFPs (Request for Proposal), design criteria, etc.)
- Identify and evaluate candidate software standards and solutions
- Support to, and oversight of, software requirements, design, development, integration, testing and acceptance
- Support the development of test capabilities, such as test benches, test labs and integration facilities
- Develop and brief technical presentation material
- Guide and train other members of the team
- Bachelors and nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Security Clearance:
- Active secret clearance required
- Experience with software development
- Experience of various software design patterns
- Understanding or willingness to learn of implementing applying the Future Aircraft Capability Environment (FACE) standard
- Understanding and experience of the DO-178C (Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification) standard, including the associated Design Assurance Levels (DALs)
- Background in avionics systems
- Knowledge and understanding of common military avionics interfaces, protocols and APIs (e.g. Ethernet, 1553, Serial, TCP, UDP, DDS, POSIX)
- Knowledge and experience of airworthiness processes (including the Airworthiness Qualification Plan and Airworthiness Qualification Specification)
- Understanding or willingness to learn ARINC 653 (Avionics Application Standard Software Interface)
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering experience (UML, SysML, etc.)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.