SAIC is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Java Developer Senior to join our team in Alexandria, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career..
- Working closely with the tech lead and senior developers, the Mid-Level Java Developer will participate in design, development, and implementation of Java/J2EE based apps to support business requirements/logic.
- Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, VS Code for design, development, and testing applications.
- Follow life cycle methodologies and develop/test Java/J2EE applications as part of an enterprise team. Working with and mentoring junior team members is expected.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, analysis, research and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Working closely with the tech lead and senior developers, the mid-level Java developer will support building and deploying microservices. A general understanding of CI/CD pipelines for development and deployment is expected.
- The candidate will be expected to learn and adhere to the continuous integration, automated unit testing and other AGILE practices established within the team using the tools that are currently used by the team.
- The candidate is expected to diagnose and fix issues in existing application components as part of maintenance.
- The candidate is expected to learn and evolve with the team as the team transitions to newer/modern technology stacks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years experience
- JEE Server experience (Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Reactive and Functional programming experience a plus.
- Experience with Spring framework a plus.
- Experience developing Spring Boot based microservices a plus.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.