SAIC is seeking a Senior Test Engineer in Washington, DC.
- Assist in management of detailed developmental Test and Evaluation (T&E) of U.S. Navy surface ships and weapon systems for Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS).
- Assess T&E requirements for test planning and execution of AEGIS Cruisers and Destroyers.
- Provide senior level support to the AEGIS Chief Developmental Tester (CDT), who is responsible for Developmental Testing (DT), Integrated Testing (IT), and working with Operational Test and Evaluation Force (OPTEVFOR) and Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E) for Operational Testing (OT).
- Coordinate all detailed planning aspects of the project and serves as liaison between the CDT, program management, planning activities, project team, field offices, and other T&E stakeholders.
- Provide support to various working groups, including facilitating and coordinating forums; in-person, MS TEAMS meetings, and CVTCs/SVoIPs.
- Capture executive summaries/minutes, tracking action items, identifying system requirements for verification and validation, and tracking the Combat Systems program development/production to determine readiness for DT, IT, OT, and Combat System Sea Qualifications Trials (CSSQTs), which are primarily executed in tandem with DT/IT.
- Filling in for/representing the CDT in various forums; therefore, technical knowledge of the AEGIS Weapon System, first-hand knowledge of the CDT’s position on various issues, and continuous communications with Stakeholders and Warfare Centers are all essential.
- Knowledge of technical writing and TEMP guidance/process/development are necessary, as there will be continuous interface with various IWS Program Offices and stakeholders for scenario development, test resources, funding resources, adherence to T&E policy, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- Navy / DoD weapon system acquisition contractor, or minimum 8 years of equivalent experience
- Operational and Technical knowledge of US Navy Ship Systems and programs
- Familiarity with DoD systems engineering processes
- Experience in writing TEMPs or other T&E documentation
- Experience briefing senior level Navy Leadership
- Strong technical writing proficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Current active Secret with the ability to acquire and maintain a Top Secret
- Previous U.S. Navy Active Duty in Senior Enlisted or Officer Positions
- Familiarity with DoD T&E ranges
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.