SAIC is searching for a Software Engineer to join our team in Panama City Beach, Florida
This is a Remote position and may be worked from anywhere in the United States
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments, Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Candidate will serve as a Liaison to: Primarily internal company contacts, Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Experience with Terraform and API.
- Security + certification to be obtained within 5 weeks of start date
- Must have Interim clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain active Secret clearance
Introductory Knowledge/Desired experience:
- vSphere Infrastructure (vCenter, VMware SDN, VMware vSAN)
- Windows Server 2019/Windows 10 (Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies, etc.)
- Linux OS/RHEL8 (BASH, Kerberos, VIM, Certificate Store, SAMBA, SELINUX, etc.)
- Identity and Access (Identification services. SAML, OAuth, OpenID, OCSP, PKI, CAC, OpenID, Identify Providers, Tokens, JWT, Okta)
- Full OSI Model. Most heavily Physical, Data Link, Network, Transport and Session layers. Cisco IOS, Firewalls, VPNs, VLANs, subnets. Protocols such as TCP/UDP, IPv4/IPv6, OSPF/RIP/BGP/EIGRP, DNS, ICMP.
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.