Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking a Platform Integration Engineer to support the Project Management Office for Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE) located in Huntsville, AL.
- Experience in aircraft and aircraft systems related to power and communication systems and integration efforts associated with modification onto US Army aircraft is highly desired.
- The candidate will be expected to be a self-starter with capability to display proven written and verbal communication skills to support and coordinate ASE integration efforts specific to Fixed Wing aircraft.
- The candidate will be expected to communicate technical concerns to the proper functional POC’s, and support schedule driven activities with Technical, Logistics and Software team members pertaining to the integration of multiple products and components within various stages of the DoD Acquisition Life Cycle.
- The candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of Army Interactive Technical Manuals (IETM’s), Maintenance Work Orders (MWO) and other technical publications and commercial publications to support the Logistics Team and Platform PM and ultimately the aircraft pilots and crews using the updated ASE.
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Work independently with little supervision to assist outside contractor support with requirements, development and validation of the overall design and installation of specific ASE hardware.
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and understanding of AC/DC Power as installed on aircraft
- Ability to read and interpret contractor provided electrical wiring schematics, mechanical drawings, and various analysis. Ability to effectively manage, edit and communicate required changes of the Technical Data Package to the subcontractor based on reviews from various outside groups.
- Ability to communicate program status both verbally and in written form.
- Participate and work as a team member on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Candidate will be expected to travel 5-10% to support meetings, prototype installations and aircraft site surveys. Most travel is typically between 1-3 days in duration.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.