SAIC is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to support designing, analyzing, planning, modifying, and maintaining US Navy Enterprise Pier Connectivity Architecture (EPCA) and Wireless Pier Connection System (WPCS) to provide ships and submarines with seamless, reliable and secure voice, video and data communications services while in-port. Work is primarily done at the NAVWAR Old Town Campus in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, expected in Summer 2022.
The majority of the work will be performed on site, but will allow some remote /flex work.
Specific duties include:
- Review and provide technical enhancement recommendations on the EPCA/WPCS system, test procedures and test reports to include engineering technical recommendations toward production, configuration, and integration efforts for the EPCA/WPCS system.
- Review Installation Design Plan (IDP), project briefs, and Plans of Action and Milestones support technical requirements and implementation efforts.
- Provide technical recommendations in the preparation of project plans, roadmaps and technical reports on the installation of the EPCA/WPCS system.
- Provide engineering support for planning, systems configuration, and system integration testing in the Piers Laboratory to support Pre-Installation Test and Checkout (PITCO), and draft the test reports and equipment configuration documents.
- Perform laboratory back-to-back and end-to-end configuration and testing of equipment; generate configuration templates for equipment installation.
- Participate in planning and engineering processes to complete EPCA/WPCS systems integration
- Provide Tier IV remote or onsite technical assistance for the EPCA and WPCS current and future iterations. Support ISEA Help Desk activities to include fielding calls or emails from customer, and providing On-Site and phone/Email support for troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide engineering expertise to complete EPCA Network Management System (NMS) design, testing and integration to include an obsolescence equipment assessment of the EPCA architecture to replace Cisco 7606S platform.
- Design and test EPCA NMS and low speed backhaul design, including engineering and supporting IA efforts to receive new system Authority to Operate (ATO), and updating EPCA baseline technical design document.
- Provide engineering expertise to complete EPCA low speed backhaul transport design, testing and integration with ADNS Increment III Service Pack 3.
- Provide engineering expertise to complete EPCA small form-factor design, testing and integration with legacy pier-side connections and/or solve transport security requirements for Non-DoD controlled pier risers, infrastructure, and/or wide area network commercial services able to integrate ADNS ship/submarine pier-side connectivity with EPCA and ADNS shore designs.
- Initiate and evaluate engineering changes for proposed installations utilizing the approved Piers Request for Change (RFC) Process, the Enterprise Change Request (ECR), and Government authorized tools.
- Provide On-Site Support for Site Surveys, On-Site Installation, and System Operational Verification Test (SOVT).
- Generate and submit documentation in support of Fleet Readiness Certification Board (FRCB), to include Site Survey Reports, BESEPs, System and Platform SOVTs, PITCO, IRD
- Perform IOS updates, including working on testing and analysis of new IOS on Information Transfer Node (ITN) routers and switches.
Required Education, Certifications, Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science – OR – Equivalent knowledge or certifications gained from working on the specific systems listed above will also be considered
- 4 years’ technical experience with five of the following:
- Ericsson/Marconi Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
- Juniper SSGs
- Cisco ASRs, Cisco network (switches and routers) equipment, Cisco VPN
- Network Management System (NMS)
- Time division multiplex over Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), ATM over MPLS, Ethernet over MPLS, and Circuit emulation over Packet-switched network
- Crypto equipment
- VMware, virtualization
- Microsoft Servers
- MACsec Encryption
- Wireless Pier Connection System (WPCS)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Current CompTIA Security+ is required)
- Secret Clearance required
- Experience with shore based enterprise networking equipment system configurations, network infrastructure upgrade and implementation
- Experience providing course of actions best suited for future architecture of Navy network based plans for consolidation.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.