JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking an experienced instructional designer to support a training program for the Customer’s technical targeting occupation by designing and evaluating course curriculum and assisting with multiple aspects of the training program. The training class is a multi-week blended learning experience for the students. Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Develop project management plans for instructional design projects. The plans may include, but are not limited to, project schedules, task listings and assignments, milestones and deliverables, scope outlines, or level-of-effort estimates.
- Work with Customer POC’s to determine the learning need, the appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Design instructional strategies that engage, motivate, or are learner-centered. Demonstrate how the strategy was specifically designed to meet those goals.
- Assist course instructors by providing clear instructor guides, conducting assessments of training outcomes during pilots by observing the course and providing course instruction as applicable.
- Provide formative and summative assessment capabilities to support student feedback process and training program. Use custom course reports with course evaluation data to measure course outcomes and facilitate improvements.
- Utilize core mission objectives and a comprehensive understanding of the Customer organization to evaluate, design, brief, and deliver relevant course material or content for instructor or student use in approved formats such as visuals, handouts, and reference guides. Archive supporting information on the Customer’s network.
- Analyze each customer-approved design concept to determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and sequence of events required to create the learning experience. Ensure design concepts demonstrate an advanced understanding of instructional design models and learning theory, are technically sound, and consider possible constraints such as resources and capabilities given the classified environment.
- Collaborate across functional teams such as stakeholders, SME’s, or media development teams and demonstrate how such cross-functional collaboration has benefitted an instructional design project or product.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree (4 years of relevant experience may substitute in lieu of degree) and 8+ years of related experience.
- Instructional design experience in an adult learning context.
- Track record of developing, implementing, and evaluating project-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability to create measurable and enabling learning objectives, along with supportive course activities and exercises.
- Successful experience facilitating training working groups and panel discussions.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.