SAIC has an opening for a O&M Systems Administrator to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the environments, including monitoring health checks, backup, and restore procedures, and proactive problem identification, diagnosis, and remediation to resolve server operational and performance problems
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Proactively monitor server security certificate expirations for renewals.
- Participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent is required (3 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Knowledge of Java Application Servers such as Tomcat
- Knowledge of HTTP based microservices, such as REST or SOAP based services.
- Strong Linux / Redhat experience. Ability to SSH into servers, read log files, search filesystems, and etc.
- Container based experienced, such as with Docker or Containerd. Ideally Docker Experience
- Kubernetes Experience
- Experience with Jenkins. Must be able to read logs and triage build and deploy failures.
- General networking experience. Knowledge of TCP / IP
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience with Veterans Affairs is a plus
- Government consulting/contracting experience is a plus
- Experience implementing technology projects in the Federal space is a plus
- One or more of the follow certifications is preferred: MCSA, MCSE, CNA, CNE
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.