The Vanguard 2.2.1 program currently has an opening for a Web Engineer supporting the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM), within the Office of the Chief Architect (IRM/OCA).
Vanguard 2.2.1 currently engineers and maintains web portals and web-based utilities to a number of IRM organizations and requires a qualified person to perform web-based engineering and maintenance. This includes database design and implementation, user interface design and implementation, data visualization implementation, and data analysis. This program supports IRM users globally across the enterprise on a 24x7x365 basis.
This role may offer a temporary hybrid remote schedule of 1-2 days onsite per week due to Covid-19, but could be asked to return full time to the office at the request of the customer.
Description of Duties:
- The Candidate must be able to perform general systems administration activities to include:
- Concept of Operations formularizations
- Review Requirements Definition
- System Analysis
- Verification Testing
- System Testing
- And Operational Performance Analysis.
- Data visualization and implementation
- Database design, implementation, and operations
- Data migration
- The selected candidate will update and maintain Customers’ website with relevant, accurate and timely information.
- Translate ideas and concepts into professional web-based products.
- Ensure design and layout of reports, documents and publications are easily transferred to a retrievable from the website.
- Ensure website is professionally formatted and maintained in accordance with Customers’ standards. Utilize graphic design skills to improve design aspects of the website utilizing best practices and design principles that generate aesthetic graphics, easy to use and innovative styles.
- Recommend and implement improvements to written submissions, format, navigation, design, etc. to produce a user-friendly, well organized and modernized website appearance.
- Develop automated web based tools as required. Support unique initiatives for web page design, content organizations, and special projects that require technical fluency to generate databases, programs and designs within Customer systems capabilities.
- Manage project tasks by prioritizing workload, multitasking and effectively interacting with a wide range of people; strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting and management of applicable compliance with the system technical implementation guidelines standards (STIGs) and functional requirements for the Classified closed environment.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in related technical discipline and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; May accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years web development experience including at least three years in a system administration support role with various clients.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with information technology system administration and/or operations with progressive professional growth in duties and responsibilities.
- Information Technology and enterprise integration experience, including large-scale system design and integration, especially in the areas of wide area networks, enterprise communications, data center integration, virtualization and cloud computing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIP’s and the ability to comprehend complex or technical information.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to support multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and SharePoint, and Remedy.
- An advanced degree and certifications such as ITIL, MCSE, etc. are desirable.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.