SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer experienced in FPGA-based design to support the development, integration, and testing of a wide range of underwater systems in Middletown, RI.
- You will work within a multidisciplinary team of SAIC and government electrical engineers and computer engineers to define, design, and verify embedded electronic and processing systems for undersea applications.
- You will define requirements, generate architectural and detailed designs, generate test plans, lead and execute the testing of analog & digital electronic systems including debugging of embedded electronic and software systems.
- You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects and interesting engineering challenges.
- You must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving and organizational skills, and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in embedded design and electronic system testing
- Proficiency with C/C++ & Python
- Experience with different embedded software architectures
- Experience writing device drivers for bare-metal systems and Linux
- Experience with different processor boot sequences
- Proficiency with VHDL or Verilog
- Utilizes Test Driven Design (TDD) and creates self-testing test benches for every level of design
- Experience with clock domain crossing & timing closure techniques
- Experience with both pure FPGAs and MPSoCs
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado/SDK or Vitis preferred. Altera Quartus acceptable.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a clearance up to the level of SECRET
- Experience with symmetric and asymmetric multiprocessing
- Experience with linker scripts
- Experience with development for an embedded Linux system
- Experience with FreeRTOS or another real time operating system
- Experience with Git, SVN, or some other repository tool
- Experience with different kinds of development cycles (agile, waterfall, etc)
- Experience building PetaLinux and creating drivers
- Comfortable going through schematics to debug hardware issues
- Comfortable with lab devices such as multimeters, logic analyzes, oscilloscopes, etc.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.