SAIC has an immediate opening for a Cyber Engineer. The position will support the HQ USCENTCOM C4I initiatives at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, Florida.
Roles and responsibilities to include:
- Has experience with security engineering as well as subject matter expert in the DoD/DISA Information Assurance (IA) requirements and have expert knowledge of policies and processes, the DOD Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST SP 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 security controls, the DoD network environment, industry computer/security standards/best practices, and DoD CND initiatives.
- Has experience in providing specialized technical subject matter expertise in the planning, and orchestration of the defense-in- depth security engineering, relevant technology and process development, implementation such as security testing, certification and accreditation, intrusion detection policy development, security baseline management as well as IA focused software development in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Has working knowledge of enclave protection technologies to include Firewalls, Network IDS/IPS systems, Host Based IDS/IPS and Security Incident and Event Management (ArcSight SIEM). Must have solid working experience in designing secure network architectures, virtualization technologies, MySQL/MSSQL database platforms, identity and access management principles, application security, encryption technologies, DNS, web applications, ADFS, Nessus.
- Formulates and designs specifications; developing, modifying, and/or maintaining complex systems and subsystems; defining work problems, designing technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve problems; analyzing methods of approach; reviewing task proposal requirements, gathering information, analyzing data, preparing synopsis, comparing alternatives, preparing specifications, resolving processing problems, and coordinating work with others; and preparing recommendations for improvement for management consideration.
Qualifications - External
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience with implementing IPS/IDS capabilities.
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS/NESSUS), DISA Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Host Based Security System (HBSS); Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS) cybersecurity applications and tools.
- Experience with implementing capabilities within VMware virtual environments.
- Experience with implementing McAfee products.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure technologies/practices to include Cisco IOS, VLAN segmentation, Network Access Control (802.1x), and wireless detection tools.
- Cross Domain data access and transfer technologies and related DISN Connection Approval Process.
- Working knowledge of protection of data in transit and data at rest to include Suite B and IPsec encryption.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio diagram development for systems data flow representation.
- Experience with the HQ USCENTCOM cybersecurity environment, organization, policies, and programs.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a cyber-security engineer
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
- At least one relevant and current security related professional certification
Desired Education and Skills:
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification desired
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Virtualization experience, specifically with VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon View, a strong plus
- Microsoft Certified Professional a plus
- CCNA Certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.