SAIC has a funded need for a Space Communications Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services (SETA) to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground effort within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA.
This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
- Overseeing design and development of communications systems and components for space to ground and space to space communication links
- Applying complex space and ground communications specifications, tolerances, simulations, and test procedures for communications systems and components
- Assisting the Government in developing concept of operations (CONOPS) and approaches to employment of communications systems
- Ensuring research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on sound engineering practices including management of technical risks
- Providing technical support to Government customer activities and programmatic processes
- Developing documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, briefs Government and industry as required
- Developing communications link budget models to inform Government systems engineering trades
- Supporting Contract Officer Technical Representatives (COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain SMEs and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements
- Providing oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the communications systems elements, functionality, interfaces, manufacture, build, test, and operations to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives
- Participating in technical interchange meetings between developers and COTR
- Supports the System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of communications systems development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office’s (NRO) space resiliency posture.
- Operates as an individual contributor and member of a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that work to support the Government through lifecycle systems engineering and management processes to deliver desired capabilities and meet overall program objectives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, RF Communications, or a related technical discipline AND 9 years of related experience or at least 7 years of related experience with a Master’s degree
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Experience in space communications systems design, specification, development, fabrication, manufacturing and/or testing
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, MatLab, and communications link budget modeling software
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
- Current NRO-adjudicated clearance and polygraph a PLUS
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.