SAIC is looking for talented, highly motivated, and experienced Solutions/Pre-Sales Engineers to join our Cloud team. This exciting customer-facing role will work in partnership with our account teams, leading innovative conversations that help shape the growth of our enterprise customers as they embrace their digital transformation journey. Solution/Pre-Sales Engineers design and architect solutions utilizing our family of cloud service offerings. The successful engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and sales skills, including business acumen, to understand business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our customers’ requirements and provide business value. This is a full-time remote job that can be worked anywhere within the U.S.
The Solution/Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for analyzing customer needs and requirements through strategic discovery, utilizing technical thought leadership, discussing industry best practices, and presenting our product offerings to prospects and customers based on each customer's specific business requirements. Recommending and proposing solutions to our customers with a goal to become a trusted advisor by highlighting how our products solutions enabling digital business strategies.
- Customer Meetings: Leads and attends customer meetings in person and via collaboration tools. Prepares and delivers technical proposals and presentations with the appropriate level of business acumen for the audience. Provides broad scope responses to solution and technology questions. Demonstrates strong solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications. Interacts with all levels of customer's management team.
- Customer Solution Development: Analyze and identify our customer's business and technology objectives, conduct full technical discovery, and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements. Assess business and operations impacted by technology. Craft and propose custom solutions that differentiate SAIC’s cloud services, and meet customer’s requirements and objectives by asking probing questions that are meaningful to the customer to collect information that enables cloud team to be more effective and responsive to customer’s needs. Ability to complete complex custom designs.
- Internal and External Training: Advises customers, sales and customer success on technical aspects of proposed solutions including fit to customer’s needs, features, availability, etc.
- Thought Leadership: Internal feedback loop to product management, sales and customer success leadership teams regarding the customer experience, product features/functionality, and service implementation/management.
- Customer Advocate: Acts as customer advocate, participating in pre-sales efforts including technical sales presentations, architecture design discussions, proof-of-concept engagements, RFP/RFI responses, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops. Deliver findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable. Contribute to development of technical sales strategy. Design, architect and demonstrate visionary solutions in a way that closely reflects our customer’s technology roadmap.
- Lifecycle / Ecosystem Partnership: Support local account teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engage customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle. Collaborate with Account teams, Program management teams, and Product Management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer.
- US Citizenship is required
- Able to obtain up to a Top Secret level DoD clearance upon request
- Education: B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience in the private sector or military
- Work experience: 14 or more years of related work experience developing IT and secure cloud infrastructure with a minimum three (3) years of experience with technology focused in pre-sales.
- General Experience: Technical pre-sales and/or consulting experience.
- Technical Knowledge: Possess knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and Design. Technical knowledge across one or more Cloud Service Provider (Global network infrastructure, edge cloud capabilities, connected security, communication and collaboration services).
- Communication: Ability to lead & engage in technical workshops, RFP and final solution discussions with customers’ mid-level IT stakeholders.
- Sales Ability: Ability to lead & engage in complex deal discussions with internal ecosystem, driving solutions & outcomes with sales, customer success, product & engineering.
- Problem Solving: General problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to build complex customer solutions. Must be able to build strong team relationships and easily transfer technical information. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy. Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities. Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Presentation Skills: Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high-quality solutions to both technical and executive audiences.
- Strong listening, reasoning and objection handling skills.
- Up to 10% travel annually
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- Active DoD Secret (or above) clearance is strongly preferred
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.