SAIC is about Reaching Our Tomorrow. We are guided by passion, innovation, inclusion, integrity and empowerment. We look for people who are willing to challenge themselves to find new solutions and lead the way creating state–of-the-art answers for today’s complex problems. Our culture gives you the freedom to expand your intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and have fun along the way.
SAIC provides full service facility management support to a major organization in the Intelligence community. We conduct end-to-end project management and facility engineering functions for locations throughout the world. At the HQ-level we perform all manner of planning, programming and execution oversight for a portfolio in the hundreds of millions per year.
- Understand all systems from a strategic perspective and be able to develop short and long term plans for maximizing efficiency and performance of the systems.
- Perform design analyses and calculations for mechanical projects and conduct comparative cost analysis.
- Perform technical reviews of mechanical engineering designs, calculations, analyses, drawings, or specifications to ensure compliance with project objectives or standards.
- Review contractors’ submittals, shop drawings, and samples of materials and components, and ensuring that they conform to the requirements of the contract.
- Analyze maintenance data to identify trends in equipment and organizational performance that adversely affect efficiency, cost, quality, plant capacity, and production throughput. Make recommendations on actions that can be taken to reverse adverse trends.
- Participate in the review of Maintenance procedures and policies.
- Recommends improved processes, programs, procedures and systems along with recommending enhancements and /or new approaches
- Develops or assists in the development of capital budget proposals.
- Works to develop Best Practices to be applied across all areas of the facility. Liaison with engineers, operations, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects.
- Provides technical expertise for troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating equipment.
- Use technical drawings, specifications of electrical and mechanical systems and components to ensure systems conform to standards
- Provide troubleshooting and expertise to unscheduled events as requested
- Monitor the effectiveness of the corrective actions on a monthly basis
- Optimize equipment uptime, reliability, and efficiency by analyzing equipment performance data and maintenance practices
- Monitors programs such as Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and FMEA programs
- Conducts analysis and investigations using Failure Mode Analysis and Root Cause
- Develop project alternatives, scopes of work and justification for projects. Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
- Perform Project Management duties on capital improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architectural Field with 9+ years of experience
- Technical software packages (e.g., AutoCAD, SixSigma, Pipeflow, ARCHGIS, Trane Trace,)
- Engineering calculations (e.g., heating and cooling load, hydronic pressure drop, static pressure drop, NPSH, psychrometric, utility utilization projections)
- Mechanical codes and guidelines (e.g., SMACNA, ASHRAE, IBC, IMC, IPC, LEED, Indoor Air Quality Standards)
- Design analysis and troubleshooting of mechanical facilities infrastructure (e.g., HVAC, chilled water, steam, EMCS, heating water, ventilation, air distribution, plumbing, energy management, data centers)
- Cost-benefit analysis and life-cycle cost analysis
- System startup, commissioning, and testing and balancing
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.