SAIC is looking for a Disaster Recovery Specialist to join our PBGC team in the Washington D.C. Metro area.
- Directs and oversees all organization-wide disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures that ensures the security and integrity of data, databases, information systems, and technology
- Develops disaster recovery and resumption plans for the critical processes and systems that are core to organizations continued business operations in the event of a disruption
- Defines, tests and matures the Disaster Recovery capabilities
- Lead a matrixed team of skilled professionals to ensure platform recovery strategies support DR readiness requirements. Organize review of DR recovery plan documentation to ensure adherence to the organizations DR framework
- Oversee activities to ensure all Disaster Recovery procedures and plans are tested, documented and monitored and provide rapid response and recovery to system events
- Oversees end to end planning and execution of platform DR plan by coordinating efforts with various technology SME’s while adhering to the approved RACI
- Oversees DR tests/exercises to identify gaps and ensure continuous improvement
- Directs and oversees risk analysis for all Platform services to determine vulnerable points in the system and establish strategies for risk mitigation
- Participate in Design meetings to ensure new designs/changes confirm to the organization's DR framework
- Participate in Change Management meetings to review upcoming changes that impact DR
- Participate in Incident Management meetings to review incidents that impact DR
- Host weekly meetings with Platform service owners to review issues, changes and risks
- Responsible for integrated plan
- Ensure robust technical review plans are implemented and up to date
- Plan and coordinate DR exercises
- 0 to 3 years hands-on experience in disaster recovery/business continuity/crisis management
- 0 to 3 years of experience in information technology - Knowledge of Backups and Storage, Unix/Windows, VMware technologies
- Project management experience
- Experience facilitating group discussions, training/awareness meetings and exercise scenarios
- Experience developing cross-functional/peer relationships, building team consensus
- Experience managing programs in a diverse geography
- Flexible schedule to accommodate occasional weekend work
- Must have a minimum of 0 to 3 years of related experience performing IT Disaster Recovery (ITDR) and Business Continuity activities, such as DR testing, policy and plan development, and facilitation.
- Basic knowledge of business impact analysis process.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.