SAIC is seeking a Crew Served Weapons Sustainment Logistician to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This is a pipeline position for a future opportunity opening in October 2022.
- Provide engineering support for the development, fielding, and sustainment of NAVAIR Crew Served Weapons and Mounts.
- Perform range operations on small arms weapon systems from 7.62mm to .50 caliber. This includes performing scheduled maintenance, pre-fire inspections, firing weapons, and performing post-fire inspections.
- Perform NAMDRP screening and disposition in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2. This includes submission and evaluation of Technical Publication Deficiency Reports (TPDRs) in the Joint Deficiency Reporting System (JDRS) and disposition of Conventional Ordnance Discrepancy Reports in the DRWeb module of the All Weapons Information System (AWIS).
- Develop, review, and validate NATOPs flight procedures for weapons systems checklist.
- Develop, Review, and update Technical Manuals for Crew Served Weapons and Mounts in accordance with MIL-STD-3001.
- Perform complete life cycle requirements for NAVAIR Technical Directives. This includes drafting work instructions, performing validation of procedures, coordinating TD posting to NATEC, and completing compliance audits via DECKPLATE.
- Manage NAVAIR Tool Control Program in accordance with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2. This includes establishing tool requirements, tool control procedures, and maintaining the tool control manual.
- Reconcile aviation maintenance procedures in technical manuals and MRC decks with the Optimized Organizational Maintenance Activity (OOMA) logset baselines to ensure all requirements are properly documented. This requires a good working understanding of OOMA.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and six years of experience or ten plus years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of six years of experience in Navy/Marine aviation weapon system maintenance. Prefer qualification in one of the following Military Occupational Specialties: 6018, 6173, 6174, 6176, 6177, 6531, 6541 or Navy Rating AO (Aviation Ordnance).
- Four years of experience in Maintenance Control, Production Control and/or Quality Assurance.
- Experience writing training and maintenance procedures.
- Experience providing training in the utilization and/or maintenance of crew served weapons and mounts.
- Ability to convey technical instruction in a complete and concise manner.
- Experience writing, training, and/or evaluating NATOPs flight procedures.
- Experience performing maintenance on crew served weapons and mounts utilized by the Navy and Marines on airborne platforms such as the UH-1, CH-53, V-22, and MH-60.
- Ability to tactfully engage senior leadership (uniformed and civilian) on crew served weapons topics.
- Capable of creating and editing documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Capable of obtaining explosive certification in Small Arms Family in accordance with NSWC Crane requirements.
- Understanding of the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) and Naval Ordnance Maintenance Program (NOMP).
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.