SAIC is seeking a senior RF/SATCOM System Engineer (SE) to provide support to our customer’s user outreach team. This includes cross organization coordination and collaboration technology characterization and deconfliction and long term strategic development for our customer organization to meet present and future mission needs. It involves the coordination of design, development, analysis and deployment of innovative equipment, projects, cutting edge technologies or operations for the use of complex special user of complex special communications (SC) capabilities or solutions.
Job Duties Include:
- Work with a network of individuals from multiple organizations to access the requirements of internal/external stakeholders and understand the enabling technology and available industry capabilities to develop and evaluate solutions to meet these needs and to resolve current or future gaps in capabilities.
- Work across the customer’s organization and with external organizations to investigate strategic partnerships which can benefit both the customer and the IC. These partnerships include strategic investment in new technologies; coordination with partners to deconflict activities and reduce duplication of effort and participating in technical forums in engineering areas of expertise and provide advice on who technologies and hardware could be used in innovative ways.
- Perform studies and deliver reports to describe end to end system architectures and identify areas of vulnerability to cyber-attack and/or collection of signals from the RF environment.
- Review current communication system capabilities and make recommendations for future development projects.
- Conduct independent investigations of system designs, attend program meetings, and provide briefings, meting reports, lessons learned and after action reports, identify and evaluate any potential weaknesses, and develop action plans to resolve current or future gaps in capabilities.
- Develop portfolio documentation such as planning documents, charters, schedules, and briefings/overviews /charts as well as coordinate project events.
- Document meetings with minutes and provide these to mission partners for major milestone events, partner collaboration meetings and other planning or design TEMs.
- Create technical documents and/or presentation materials for partner meetings.
- Support strategic leadership activities: identifying, analyzing, defining, and coordinating user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translating them into technical or operational requirements for research, development, production, and/or procurement of processes systems, and/or services.
- Coordination of design, development, analysis and deployment of innovative equipment, projects, cutting edge technologies or operations for the use of complex special user of complex special communications capabilities or solutions.
- Perform frequency spectrum management support to monitor and conduct analysis of Federal Communications Commission (FCC), International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) activity regarding frequency assignments, allocation, auction, and commercial co-use.
- Conduct technical assessments of RF propagation, RF communications, spectrum management, link budgeting, and RF design.
- Frequency management support, work with users and the broad frequency management community to help ensure continued access to the RF spectrum.
- Analyze and study complex operational and engineering requirements and decompose them into detailed, actionable system requirements, perform technical trade-off studies, and assist in developing and maintaining enterprise and system level architecture artifacts.
- Generate and provide commentary and analysis of presentations, ICDs, SOPs, and CONOPs, and contract documentation for applicability to new opportunities.
- Respond to ad-hoc requirements and questions providing support to the mission.
- Learn the enabling SC technology and support tools to educate and assist users.
- Provide connections/act as a liaison between different sets of user groups and stakeholders.
- Support Weekly status meetings, generate minutes, status/action tracking.
- Advises stakeholders, provide status of tasks and progress of long term goals.
- Strategic planning for portfolio of current and future work.
- Analyze and assess efficiencies across infrastructure and amongst partners.
- Provide input on charters and service level agreements.
- Participate in Outreach activities and collaboration with partners.
- CONUS and OCONUS may be required roughly 10% of the time
- 5+ hears experience utilizing system engineering or project management principles
- 3+ years of experience in satellite communications systems, radio design, and or RF propagation
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships, encouraging teamwork--promoting cooperation
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively
- Ability to execute assignments with little supervision and actively participate in a collaborative team environment
- Experience utilizing system engineering and/or project management principles for requirements development
- Familiarity with National Reconnaissance Space Collection Systems and infrastructure
- Experience with Windows, Firefox, Chrome, and MS Office Products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with operational support centers
- Program/Project Management Experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.