SAIC has an opening for a Software Engineer. This position can be worked remotely nationwide.
- Help the Data Warehouse Architect/Sr. Engineer define and implement a modern data warehouse and business intelligence platform
- Design BI solutions that align with SAIC’s strategic data and analytics needs
- Work with the Chief Data Officer (CDO) team to verify business requirements and develop sound user stories based on these requirements
- Build data models
- Develop and maintain existing SSIS packages for data integration
- Develop and maintain SSAS Tabular models to meet business needs
- Develop and maintain PowerBI/SSRS reports to meet business needs
- Independently author T-SQL based stored procedures, queries, aggregations and other logical operations to deliver consistently accurate data
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Data Warehouse and all Business Intelligence platforms as well as ensure all platform configurations and operating procedures are fully documented
- Identify & support the implementation of the new platform features & functions in response to business needs, while managing a timely release schedule for system enhancements
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing data governance and security practices for the enterprise
- Produce documentation, artifacts, and designs for technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay current and provide insight on cutting edge software approaches, architectures, and vendors. Bring thought leadership around recent trends and provide insight into how technology can impact our business and drive competitive advantages
- Leverage interpersonal savvy and communication skills to explain technical benefits and trade-offs of proposed data solutions to gain buy-in from diverse audiences
- Leverage strategic partnerships and vendor relationship management skills to accelerate and improve the quality of solutions
- Participate in cross-functional teams
- Represent team to clients
- Demonstrate technical leadership and exerts influence outside of the immediate team
- Develop innovative team solutions to complex problems
- Consult with team members and other organizations, clients, and vendors on complex issues
- Create and deploy KPI, analytic, and dashboard solutions including design, development, deployment, data engineering, data warehousing, and data management projects and practices
- Peform data modeling (logical and physical), ETL design, and reporting design, and use SQL effectively to perform complex data analysis and discovery as part of the Data Warehouse environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Microsoft BI (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Data Platforms (Azure SQL, Data Warehouse, Data Factory, Analysis).
- Familiarity with agile SDLC practices such as Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe
- Familiarity with CNDB and Data Lake technologies
- Strong Database Design/Architecture Skills
- Experience with Data DevOps practices; ideally using Azure DevOps
- Demonstrate strong organization skills and detail-oriented
- Experience with large-scale, complex data environments
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.