SAIC has a funded need for a Program Management Office (PMO) Agile System Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services (SETA) to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer for a complex space and ground effort within the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA.
This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. Also, they are developing next-generation of space and ground systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
- Providing agile expertise and oversight of multiple software development activities; ensuring agile development and implementation map to government needs
- Provides support to the Program Office in execution of mission critical systems.
- Serves on a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) responsible for analyzing contractor data, developing and executing ECPs, and providing technical analysis.
- Representing government at vendor led release and sprint planning events; ensuring government and stakeholder needs are prioritized
- Provide recommendations against solutions to assist in prioritizing developer backlogs in alignment with capability deliveries to Operations
- Provide recommendations for DevOps/Agile principles to define capability roadmaps, EPICs, Features and verifying and summarizing EPICs against a Plan
- Providing analyses of program data to ensure that accurate status of cost, schedule, and performance of development contracts in support of monitoring and controlling the program
- Providing analysis and recommendations to the Government on implementing Agile methodologies in support of program execution to facilitate capability delivery within cost and schedule
- Providing recommendations to the Government concerning program execution
- Representing the Program Office in the customer’s program execution discussions related to current and future contracts
- Proactively engage with Agile Development teams to assess execution performance, and based on those assessments, advise Government on implementation strategies
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines with 14+ years of related experience (years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree)
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
- SAFe 4.0 or higher certification
- Experience with Agile Development to include participation in scrums, development of solution epics, lean business cases, program epics, features, and user stories
- Experience providing recommendations for DevOps/Agile process improvements and operational improvements for users of the systems
- Expert Program Management and data analysis skills
- Experience with Space and Ground Aerospace systems engineering
- DevOps systems engineering experience
- Exceptional communication and coordination skills
- Demonstrated experience in communications and enabling skills that help others succeed
- Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.