SAIC is currently hiring a Systems Engineer to support the US Army in Huntsville, AL.
- The Systems Engineer will function as an integral member of a team of Government, military, and contractor personnel that provide program, engineering, and technical support to Project Management Office, Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE).
- The PMO ASE is an US Army acquisition organization that provides acquisition management support, program research, engineering, logistics, and technical support for aircraft survivability equipment.
- The candidate will work in the Missile Warning Product Office supporting the Technical Chief as a Systems Engineer participating in overseeing and working at a high-visibility level on Missile Warning modeling and simulation, software and algorithm design, and development and qualification activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess DoD SECRET clearance.
- Experience with Systems Engineering experience in the defense industry
- Subject matter expert (SME) in the development of airborne threat identification and detection algorithms
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with digital modeling and simulation tasks associated with Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and target development
- Able to develop threat models, target models, aircraft targets, background scenes, and simulations
- Understanding of established Systems Engineering processes and concepts
- Knowledge of the DoD Acquisition and Life Cycle Management System
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, including report writing
- Self-motivated and customer-oriented
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with airborne platform products
- Experience with software development, maturation, and testing
- Experience with PMO ASE
- Familiar with Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.