SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Subcontracts Principal. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Develops, negotiates and administers subcontract agreements and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity.
- Has some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility and acts as staff expert for company practices and policies and governing customer acquisition requirements for all procurement acquisition contract activities.
- Responsible for the technical direction, leadership, training and may supervise and serve as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Works under limited direction and relies extensively on independent judgment. Requires little instruction on progressively more complex new assignments. May lead and direct multiple teams to obtain business solutions on complex, nonstandard subcontract agreements.
- Works independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping program and procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Requires a significant degree of analytical ability to understand and interpret complex data and solve complex problems.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience, and the ability to perform non-routine job requirements within the scope of the position. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, may serve in a lead role and provide guidance to other personnel. Analytical, communication, and presentations skills needed as well as the ability to operate independently. Advanced knowledge of business principles such as procurement, business and contract law, finance and accounting. Requires broad-based experience in procurement and related functions, with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract administration.
- Regularly interacts with customers, management (at all levels) and members of functional management with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution. Represents Procurement in interactions with senior management on a variety of subcontracting matters.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitizations associated with suppliers and subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry. Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on complex supplier proposals and agreement.
- Ensures pre and post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, schedule, technical, SAIC policies and procedures, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 8 years related experience.
- Must have excellent understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Excellent knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
- CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis Techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Small Business Subcontracting Plans, Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.