SAIC has a unique opportunity for the right candidate in SAIC’s Procurement Organization. This position will be supporting the great men and women defending our nation and requires someone that has a get it done attitude and understands how to manage suppliers. Procurement experience and a mission-focused attitude is an absolute must to ensure success. Candidates must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to make critical decisions quickly, and hunt down solutions when faced with a challenge that could impact the mission.
***This position is remote in AL, NC, SC, with 50% travel required as needed***
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Issue purchase orders for COTS and build to print materials/products supporting SAIC’s Systems Integration Delivery team
- Coordinate with program and supplier quality team to ensure proper requirements are flowed down to vendors
- Manage suppliers performance post award
- Issues Requests for Quote in accordance with prime contract requirements
- Review and manage supplier delivery schedules to ensure products arrive on time
- Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with program needs
- Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other contract provisions
- Develop purchasing strategy to meet proposal or program needs
- Collaborate with supplier quality to add and qualify new suppliers
- Analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitization
- Analyze production/procurement data to develop procurement strategy for the programs you are supporting
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Recommends suppliers based on experience and capabilities to provide quality products on time
- Lead cost savings initiatives to meet program goals
- Assume other responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience, 5+ years of related experience in government procurement
- Understanding of government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience in build to print materials/products and manufacturing
- Understanding of cost/price analysis concepts and be able to implement on complex supplier proposals and agreements
- Experience managing supplier performance
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors.
- Ability to prepare, lead, and conduct status briefings; prepare and staff weekly updates
- Strong team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.