SAIC has an opening for a ServiceNow Discovery Engineer. Make an impact on both business and technology operations while delivering ServiceNow features as our global federal customer expands platform usage. This candidate must have experience with Discovery tools, web-based applications and technologies, possess strong communication skills, and have the desire to learn the general operations of a global organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the implementation of Discovery and Cloud Provisioning and Governance with the ServiceNow CMDB.
- Assist with creation, maintenance, and debugging Discovery jobs/schedules.
- Assist with building, configuring, patching MID Servers.
- Assist with troubleshooting and customizing Discovery Patterns.
- Under broad direction provide development and administration of ServiceNow infrastructure
- Diagnose and isolate incidents through testing and work to develop workarounds and/or fixes for system related issues
- Understand business context and how to translate business and functional requirements into a sustainable ServiceNow implementation
- Analyze system processes and develop enhancements to improve user experience and general system usability
- Develop scripts on the ServiceNow platform to automate tasks and integrations
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders, clearly understand their needs and communicate the team’s roadmap
- Advanced problem solving and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Draw upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact
- Develop design documentation for an enterprise deployment
- Deploy test infrastructure in the customer’s test environment
- Perform day to day support, administration, and maintenance of ServiceNow Discovery until transitioned
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Perform installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation
Required Education, Experience, & Certifications
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years; may accept additional degrees or experience in lieu of bachelors degree.
- Preferred degrees: Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with ServiceNow Discovery, BMC Discovery, or similar discovery tool.
- Expertise with Windows and UNIX based Operating Systems.
- Active Secret clearance OR
- Must be eligible to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance to start work.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Certification Implementation Specialist in: Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Management or Cloud Provisioning and Governance
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience with AWS and Azure Cloud environments.
- Experience working with Agile Project Teams
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.